Parents are always confused and decided about baby diapers. There are two types of diapers- cloths diaper and disposables diapers. Cloth diapers are good and cheap, but disposables diaper are expensive than cloths diaper and easy to use. There are advantages and disadvantages of both types of diapers.
Cloth diapers can be used many times. Cloth diapers are prepared by natural materials such as cotton, terry or flannel. Babies can experience the moisture while using diapers. Cloth diapers fasten with Velcro, safety pins and special diaper covers. The main disadvantages of cloth diapers are the inconvenience. Cloth diapers require many work such as washed, dried and folded. They may wash separately with a detergent plus bleach powder in hot water.
Disposable diapers are more expensive than cloth diapers, but it is easy to use. Disposable diapers fasten with tape or Velcro strips. It is eliminating the time, soiled and mess involved with storing and cleaning cloth diapers. Newborn baby changes many diapers at least ten diapers a day. They have many features, such as super-absorbent materials, elastic at the legs and waist and stay dry liners. They are available in many brands such as Huggies, Pampers etc. But there are some disadvantages of disposable diapers, such as more expensive; baby does not experience the moisture. Disposable diapers are mainly used by day care centers. After the use of it, parents should throw away.
How to put on a baby diapers?
- Take fresh and clean diaper on a changing table.
- Place the infants on the changing table, tummy side up to wear the clean diaper.
- And very gently change the diaper by holding baby’s feet together and set the dirty diaper aside.
- Wipe baby’s genitals and buttocks gently from front to back.
- Place baby’s bottom on the clean diaper.
- Parents should keep the area dry with cornstarch powder and towel.
- Parents can apply diaper-rash cream.
- Parents should wear diaper to babies just like a pant.
- Wash the hands before and after the diaper changes.
- Parents should not leave baby without attended on a changing table.
- Apply cornstarch powder or talcum powder to prevent inhalation.