Safety first: How to set parental controls on your phone
The parental control feature on Android smartphones and iPhones allows you to keep your child safe online. They can help you organize productive and useful time online by denying your kids access to specific sites and programs. Let’s find out what else this option does and how to set parental controls on your phone.
Ways to set parental controls on your phone
Parental control is a special mode to protect children from negative information on the web. With its help, you can prohibit:
- – to visit certain sites;
- – install paid applications;
- – download files from untrusted sources.
In addition, this option allows you to limit the time spent in a particular application, as well as setting the time to turn off the gadget.
Parental control can be different:
- – A built-in option on the smartphone or tablet itself. Not all devices have it. Usually, the feature is inactive by default, so you need to turn it on in the settings.
- – Third-party apps. There are many different programs that will keep your child safe from unwanted traffic. When choosing the right one, parents should consider the age of the child, the type of mobile platform and their own wishes regarding the information they receive.
- – A paid service from mobile operators.
Setting parental controls on YouTube
To restrict access to “wrong” videos in the YouTube app, go to the main menu and select: “Settings” > “General” > “Safe Mode”. Alternatively, you can immediately install the “YouTube for Kids” app, which has parental controls by default.
Star Guard family from Kyivstar
Kyivstar offers to use Star Guard family service. This is a special application that will protect your child from inappropriate content, and gadgets – from viruses. With its help you can prohibit access to certain websites and applications, limit network access during lessons, track child’s location on the map via GPS, etc. A full list of features can be found here.
Note that the application can run simultaneously on multiple devices.
If you have not been able to install parental control on the phone or have any additional questions, you can learn more on the website.